Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What's the worst that could happen

We headed to Idaho on the 20th to go through the temple with my brother. Also for his goodbye party and farewell talk in church. Jared had to work so we planned on leaving thursday evening. WE got in the car at about 7:30 and drove out of the drive way. We had to make a stop at Walmart to pick up Jake's new glasses on the way so Jared pulled onto the freeway and about half way up the ramp the car stopped. Jared started the car again and drove about a mile and the car stopped again. He looked down and we were out of gas. Now we were driving my car and usually there is a signal light that comes on when the gas is low. And believe me I have tested it you can usually go about 20 miles safely after the low fueul light comes on. Yes I know that is not very smart to test the fuel light. But I swear the light had not come on before we got on the freeway. Jared made some calls but no one was home or they answered and were out somewhere. He gets out and starts walking back the extra mile we drove plus down the on ramp and the three blocks to the gas station. I am sitting on the freeway with Jake and Alexis and Jake is in the back seat asking why did daddy leave us. So I got desperate and called my wonderful visiting teaching partner. She and her husband went and found Jared and they just happened to have a gas can for their lawn mower. Jared got back to the car and we got it going. We drove to Walmart and ran in to get Jake's glasses but of course the optical place closed at 8 so we were too late to get Jake's glasses.(Yes we stopped there before going to the gas station I know I know) We then went to the gas station and were on our way. But as we pulled out of the gas station Jake threw up all over the back seat of the car. So we drove home and put him in the bath and tried to get the puke smell out of the car all the while debating if we should just sleep at home and drive in the morning. We got Jake dressed again and sprayed a ton of febreeze in the car and decided to try again. By this time it was about 10:45 and we were going to have to have a late checkin at the hotel (we were going to Rexburg and apparently hotels there don't have a desk clerk all night). I called the hotel to tell them we would be arriving about 2 am and they said oh well we don't have a room for you. Now my mom booked the rooms for us about a month ago so I couldn't figure out why they didn't have a room. It reminded me of this Seinfeld episode .
Well I called my mom and she went down to the hotel and worked the room thing out. We got to Rexburg eventually and got to go to the temple with my brother and all the other fun things including the Luau party can't beat this Love my little bro.

1 comment:

JillEE said...

Yay for you embedding YouTube videos! and total kudos fro finding the perfect Seinfeld clip!

and poor Jakey. :-(
I'm glad he's feeling better