Saturday, August 29, 2009

Family reunion

We had a great time at our Annual Walker family reunion. I haven't uploaded any pictures yet onto my computer. On second thought i am not sure I have any. But anyway. We stayed in Salt Lake and did things that we hadn't done. We went to This is the Place Heritage park which was fun we rode a trolley and I bought Jake a flute which everyone loved (haha). We were supposed to do a family fun run but everyone dogged out after the long day except Kevin he and I went for a run it was really fun to run with him except that he is in really good shape and was like I can run until you are tired just let me know.
We went this place called Classic fun center for the second day it was so fun. They had blow up slides and a skating rink and a jungle play land and a water park well the water part was some water slides and a pool for the little kids which was perfect for our crowd. We ended up having races down the blow up slides and my sister who was 9 months pregnant (she had her baby today) was racing up and sliding down the slides it was so fun. After all the fun we went back to "Grandma Beth's" house and had dinner. It was fun everyone stopped and got a meal from their favorite restaurant and brought it to share. After dinner Grandpa told all the kids his classic bed time stories. I am going to write them down one day because they are really good stories. The kids love them. Every time Jake comes home from Grandpa's house he always wants me to tell him "Chocolate" and I can't do it like my dad so I will have to write them so I can read them to my kids.
Let's see the third day we went to the Church History Museum. Which I had never been to, I actually didn't know that it existed. They have the actual manuscript of the book of Mormon written by Oliver Cowdry(that is not the right spelling). They had so many cool things from the pioneers and early church. They have a whole floor that is just for kids with all kinds of activities and things that are all hands on so we didn't have to keep telling the kids not to touch stuff or climb on the wagons etc. I want to go back because there was a lot of stuff we didn't get to see. We got the most awesome tour of the Church Office Building. My uncle is in the First Quorum of the Seventy and he came and took us through the building. The look outs on the top of the building had beautiful views. The coolest part was going to his department He is one of the bosses in the Temple Department (I don't know his exact title). He showed us the rooms where they discuss all the temple plans and it had a map with all the temples that have been built, that are being built and that have been announced. We got to spend some time with him in his office and hear him talk about being with the Prophet which was really neat. While we were in his office Jake choked and I thought he was going to puke so we go running out of the office, the bathroom was clear around the corner and down a hall. So I was running around with no idea where I was going holding my son hoping he didn't puke on some unsuspecting persons desk.
That night was quite eventful for some of my family you will have to read my sister Jill's account here.


We had family pictures taken the last day we were all in salt lake. My husbands business partner does photography so he came and took our pictures he made this video. I think the pictures turned out really cute. The ones of Kevin and my dad are so fun.

This is one of the pictures of the whole family.

4 comments:

JillEE said...

Great recap Jax! I'm bummed I missed out of on the Fun Center - it sounds, well, fun.

I posted the video on my blog, and I think that I'm going to sign up for the video service that Shawn used.

Emily M said...

What a fun reunion! Thanks for the comment on our blog--I hadn't seen yours yet, so I'm glad we got hooked up!

Ashley said...

What a cute family! The video is so cute! Looks like you guys had lots of fun! :)

Molly said...

Wow! Everyone is looking at the camera! Impressive Walkers!