Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The handicap of cell phones

I learned today what a handicap relying on cell phones is. We went to the zoo and were supposed to meet my friend and her daughter. Well we talked before we left and she said she would call me when she got there. I got in the car and forgot my phone. Which by the way I still can't find. When we got to the zoo there were a ton of people so we went and saw some animals then went to the guest services and asked to use their phone. I called but of course with the modern convenience of caller id she didn't recognize the number so I left a message of where we were going to be. I remember a time when you actually had to make plans instead of just saying we will call each other when we get there. Sometimes the "convenience" of cell phones can be a real problem!!

1 comment:

JillEE said...

Good post Jax, and I totally agree, but for a different reason. Jeremy and I don't have a land line, but I have 2 blackberries and he has 1. So we are both constantly checking our phones. Did I get an email? Did anyone update their facebook or twitter? And I even comment on people's blogs :-) like now