Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just say no to

Two of my sisters have been trying to get me to read the Twilight book series and for some reason I am really opposed to it. I don't have anything against it but I just am really not interested. The subject matter isn't particularly appealing to me. I don't know why. I am usually not a nonconformist but for some reason I feel a strong resistance to getting on the bandwagon with this. It sounds so silly but can anyone convince my why I should or should not read the series. My sisters cannot give a unbiased reason because they are both in love with the books.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay I totally know how you feel. My friend had been trying to get me to read Twilight for like a year. I totally thought... vampires? uh, no... but I gave in and read them. And (no surprise) LOVED all of them. There is just something about those books that I became a little obsessed with. At first I too was hesitant to read them, but get over it, b/c the books are great! They will draw you into this life where love does conquer all...and don't we all just need to escape reality sometime??? :) Anyway, good luck... but I do think you should read them if not just for some entertainment!

JillEE said...

Jax -I am with you on this. I refuse to read the Twilight books. I read the first chapter, and I was not impressed with the writing. Mostly I am protesting the rabid obsession of Twilight fans. Read this article: http://www.mormonmentality.org/2008/07/13/gail-collins-on-twilight.htm

I am totally opposed to the female reaction, and the obsession with Edward. So tell those sisters to lay off.