Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Zoo



We went to the Zoo today. It is such a great place because I can just let Jake run and he can't really get into trouble because everywhere he is not supposed to go is fenced off. He loves the elephants but he can't seem to get the difference between the elephant and the rhinoceros. He thinks they are all elephants. He also really likes the monkeys because he can sound just like them. The gorillas were inside and were sitting right next to the glass. Jake sat as close as he could to the glass and had an entire conversation with the gorilla. It was really cute I must say.
A Child's perception is so amazing. We were looking at the Cheetahs and the leopards and Jake kept saying "Kitty, Meow". I love that perception of the animals as little kittens.

2 comments:

tomandbritneyfamilyfun said...

He is so stinking cute! I love that age, where everything is fun and exciting. I didn't know you're pregnant! Congrats! Thats so exciting! When are you due?

JenLish said...

that is just how walker is. except for tigers- he growls at them. when you go again you should call me. I wanna go and let walker see all the animals again.